Defiance City Ep. 2 Defiance City Ep. 2

Good story, good pacing, good voice acting

There's very little to be critical of in this Flash. You certainly got a style going and it's nice to see something different on NG.

The only thing I would say you should improve on is something art-related, but it's not the animation itself--the transitions are fluid and so is the motion concerning the characters--your perspective is off at times and it throws the feel of the scene away, even if only a little. There's a style to your characters and especially your backgrounds that is good on its own, and I urge you to continue with that style. No, it's not elegant or involved, but it has character and quirks. :D

Another point I can make is the lady's mic has a little bit of hiss left over, which is fairly easy to treat in most audio editing software. I only heard it with my volume up, though, and I had to listen for it for the most part.

Can't wait for episode 3! :D

- Chocolate Soda Productions

Scout Goes To The Medic Scout Goes To The Medic

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I've gotta show this to my friend Jade--she's a total TF2 nerd and she'll love it as much as I did. :D

Blood and Thunder! Blood and Thunder!

FUCK YEAH MASTODON!

I've always loved the comic version, but this flash is just fucking awesome!

My buddy Ryan likes to take the comic and use different Mastodon song lyrics--some of them are just fucking hilarious. "The Czar" was definitely amusing.

Rooshich responds:

RIDE THE TIDES OF BLOOD, ILLUMINATION!

Thanks :D

Doppelganger (DPS Remix) Doppelganger (DPS Remix)

Solid work, Dylan! It would be a good idea for you, Josh & me to look at this one again and see what the three of us could do. (:

Sephiroth! -reunion Mix- Sephiroth! -reunion Mix-

Well done! Love the little piano twinkles for fills and the strong backbeat during the opening phrases. Excellent use of horns, too. If I could offer any advice for improvement, it would be to study up on some counterpoint and apply it to the parts at ~4:16. This place needs an overwhelming lead, whether it's a guitar RIPPING YOUR FACE OFF or some clever string work--something that says "THIS PART IS NEW." As someone who knows the source all too well, I'm expecting the chanting "Veni veni venias" part--and the section that gets delivered does not stop me from thinking, "when's the chant going to happen?"

Please don't let this in any way deter you from feeling this piece is a success, though! I'm looking way forward to your next one. :D

- Joey

SSJ3-Goku4567 responds:

To be honest, the section at 4:16, I kind of borrowed that notion from the Advent Children Complete version of One Winged Angel. So.. yeah, that's kind of how it went down. But yeah, I have to say this is the best one I've done yet, compared to the other takes I've cracked at with this. If I do try again with this, I'm gonna have to try to up the ante next time, but as far as I'm concerned, this tops all the ones I've done. Certainly not the original S-E-P-H-I-R-O-T-H! line itself, though! I'm glad you checked this out, man! Thank you for your review, and I'll see if I can do another one that tops even this one.

Honestly, I didn't expect you to review this one. xD Then again, as of late, I hardly expect ANY reviews. No one seems to like leaving opinions, hah. Thank you, again, for your generous words and advice, and I'll see what I can do if I decide to make another one! Give a shout out to Josh for me, alright?

--Shawn--