Doppelganger (DPS Remix) Doppelganger (DPS Remix)

Solid work, Dylan! It would be a good idea for you, Josh & me to look at this one again and see what the three of us could do. (:

Sephiroth! -reunion Mix- Sephiroth! -reunion Mix-

Well done! Love the little piano twinkles for fills and the strong backbeat during the opening phrases. Excellent use of horns, too. If I could offer any advice for improvement, it would be to study up on some counterpoint and apply it to the parts at ~4:16. This place needs an overwhelming lead, whether it's a guitar RIPPING YOUR FACE OFF or some clever string work--something that says "THIS PART IS NEW." As someone who knows the source all too well, I'm expecting the chanting "Veni veni venias" part--and the section that gets delivered does not stop me from thinking, "when's the chant going to happen?"

Please don't let this in any way deter you from feeling this piece is a success, though! I'm looking way forward to your next one. :D

- Joey

SSJ3-Goku4567 responds:

To be honest, the section at 4:16, I kind of borrowed that notion from the Advent Children Complete version of One Winged Angel. So.. yeah, that's kind of how it went down. But yeah, I have to say this is the best one I've done yet, compared to the other takes I've cracked at with this. If I do try again with this, I'm gonna have to try to up the ante next time, but as far as I'm concerned, this tops all the ones I've done. Certainly not the original S-E-P-H-I-R-O-T-H! line itself, though! I'm glad you checked this out, man! Thank you for your review, and I'll see if I can do another one that tops even this one.

Honestly, I didn't expect you to review this one. xD Then again, as of late, I hardly expect ANY reviews. No one seems to like leaving opinions, hah. Thank you, again, for your generous words and advice, and I'll see what I can do if I decide to make another one! Give a shout out to Josh for me, alright?

--Shawn--

S-e-p-h-i-r-o-t-h! Perfect: Se S-e-p-h-i-r-o-t-h! Perfect: Se

Now on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-hkk zcXUM

:D

:D

Project 26 ~ 16 (Voices) Project 26 ~ 16 (Voices)

Lyrics:

(In case some of you have trouble deciphering what I said. xD;)

You're complely useless.
Live for me... live for me, Cloud.
We need you...
You are a puppet. Nothing more.
This isn't just a reactor!
We need you...
Live for me... live for me Cloud.

(We need you...)
Live for me. Live for me, Cloud.

This isn't just a reactor...

You're completely useless.
(We need you, we need you...)
You're mine, fool!

You are a puppet.
(Live for me.)

You're mine, fool.

(We need you...)
This isn't just a reactor!

(We need you...)
Live for me. Live for me, Cloud...

You're mine, fool.

We need you...

Mako Reactor (Metalized) Mako Reactor (Metalized)

Love the countering guitar work!

Excellent use of delay and call/response panning. Definitely gives the vibe this song is known for. :D

I'm digging every one of your mixes that I've heard so far. Keep putting out the metal, man! >:D

- Choco

FFXI Windurst Perc Ensemble FFXI Windurst Perc Ensemble

Aw yeah, Windurst

Makes me wish I actually played one of them cute furry little bastards when I still roamed Vanadiel. Oh well, it was fun to go there for... what the hell DO you go to Windurst for again?

I almost want to grab the Ronfaure theme or the Sand'Oria theme and do a strictly guitar mix... Almost.

Joshy676 responds:

Do eet. We've got all the lab time we could ever possibly need. :D

Thanks for your review, buddy. :)

Super Mario RPG: Boss Rush 2! Super Mario RPG: Boss Rush 2!

The instruments used are as follows:

Guitars: Epiphone Custom Shop Silverburst Les Paul through Line-6 POD 2, specifically:

Rhythm Distortion: Rectified Modern amp setting, no additional effects.
Rhythm Clean: Black Panel amp setting, Ibanez Weeping Demon wah pedal.
Lead Distortion: Modern Hi-Gain amp setting, no additional effects.
Distortion Effects: Rectified Modern amp setting, Ibanez Weeping Demon wah pedal.

Bass: Schecter C1 Elite Bass through Line-6 POD 2; Small Tweed amp setting.
Drums: SGM v2.01: Jazz Kit.
Horns: ES-24 Trumpet Legato Section.
Synth: Wurlitzer Chorus EP.

This was a HELLISHLY fun mix to do, mostly because I got to record the guitars myself. Also WAH NOISE FTW. :3

^_^

FF7 - Battle Theme Remake FF7 - Battle Theme Remake

Love the explosive percussion hits!

Well done remake of this particular battle theme. While some of the leveling in the instruments could be changed (bring the strings up a tinge, drop the horns down a bit, and then pan them on either side perhaps?), the mix itself is strong and VERY BATTLE THEME like.

Actually, if FF7 had used .mp3s instead of .midis for its music files, I have no doubt that the battles would sound like this. :D

SSJ3 - Endless Confrontation SSJ3 - Endless Confrontation

Very interesting piece!

The layering of the instruments is well organized, and the levels are balanced. :D

If you ever consider looking at this a second time, and don't want to program the guitars, let me know. I'd be happy to record some stuff for you! :D

- Joey